Hua Pak Cheong
Senior Consultant (HR)
Approved Work-Life Grant Consultant & Trainer
- BSc (Econ) (London), MBA (Strathclyde)
- MSHRI (Professional member of the Singapore Human Resources Institute)
- Professional member of STADA (Singapore Training & Development Association)
- PMC (Practising Management Consultant) (accredited by the Singapore Business Advisors & Consultants Council)
Pak Cheong’s competencies are in human resource capability improvement and development. He has strong background in human resource processes, business process analysis and consulting.
He has more than 30 years of both corporate organizational and consulting experience. This experience stretches from:
- the production floor of an electronics assembly plant, to
- the banking sector where he held positions in:
- an investment bank as senior officer, corporate treasury and money market
- a local bank as head of HR and training
- the Institute of Banking & Finance as its Executive Director, and
- Standard Chartered Bank as its Southeast Asia Regional Manager for Management Development, Succession Planning and HR Recruitment (for regional senior positions)
He then transited to HR consulting where he is still in practice now.
Besides working with MNC clients and large corporates, Pak Cheong consults with SME clients to set up and improve HR systems, processes and procedures in manpower planning, recruitment & selection, compensation & benefits, performance management, identification of key performance indicators, learning & development and talent management.
He has completed more than 110 HR projects for SMEs under SPRING Singapore’s Innovation & Capability Voucher (ICV) Scheme since the scheme started in 2012.
In addition, he has been the lead consultant for various Human Capital projects funded under SPRING Singapore’s Capability Development Grant (CDG) Scheme.
As a consultant since 1993 he has worked with a wide range of clients across different industries in Singapore, Malaysia, Bangladesh, Brunei, China (Shanghai and Hong Kong), Maldives, Saudi Arabia, Vietnam, Sri Lanka and Taiwan.
- Member of SHRI’s HR Advisory & Consulting Group
- Member of MOM’s HR Alliance for Growth Enterprises Network